I’ve spoken at places ranging from…
– Non-profits: Teach for America Corp Member Summits, United Way of the Bay Area, Next Generation Learning Challenges in Oakland
– Colleges and universities: University of California, Riverside; California State University, Fullerton; Occidental College; University of San Francisco; Palo Alto University; Fuller Theological Seminary
– Radio and podcasts: Morning Edition, KPCC (Pasadena’s NPR station); The California Report, KQED (San Francisco’s NPR station); I’ll Look Into It, KUCR; Asian America: The Ken Fong Podcast; Parenting Forward; No, Totally; Motherhood Every Kind of Way
– Churches: City Church San Francisco, Sunnyvale Presbyterian Church, Northland Village Church (Los Angeles), Lake Avenue Church (Pasadena)
– High schools: Head-Royce School (Oakland), Marshall High School (Pasadena), Monrovia High School
Topics I discuss include (examples are bulleted):
Race, Culture, and Identity
– Asian Americans and race: Where do we fit?
– Understanding power and privilege
– Asian American family dynamics and issues
– Asian American mental health issues
– Unique challenges for Asian American students (K-12 and/or college)
– Asian Americans and social justice
– Why therapy?
If you’re interested in having me speak for your organization or class, feel free to contact me.